Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62

Thread: Nicest Rocker(s) you have met????

  1. #1
    Inactive Member smackglittergrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2006
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Who has been the nicest?????

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Johny Skullknuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2006
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    First band that comes to mind are GBH - UK 2nd wave punks. Dead normal, nicest guys you could wish to meet.
    Also The Dead Pets, Holy Racket and The Grit. They are all really nice.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Jerry Nolan and Peter Criss, met them when I was at a club in NY with my parents as a youngster. Saw them here and there for several years, mostly apart.

    Those are two...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Johny Skullknuckles:
    First band that comes to mind are GBH - UK 2nd wave punks. Dead normal, nicest guys you could wish to meet.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">I've been on a bit of a GBH kick as of late. I saw them in '86 for the first time. Never had the chance to actually meet them, but they always seemed cool. Colin has one of the best voices ever. I did meet Wattie from The Exploited though. He was a prick.

    Pat Dubar from Uniform Choice/Mind Funk was one of the coolest. Spent hours talking to him about the old Punk scene.

    The Dogs D'Amour - on their one US tour. Hung out with them for a few hours and Jo Dog gave me his dogtags. I still wear them all the time.

    Mother Love Bone - same night as The Dogs. Bruce Fairweather was one of the coolest guys I have ever met in my entire life. Stone and Jeff were also very cool guys.

    Stiv Bators - Even though he called me a "fag" before the show (one of my friends dove through people just to touch Stiv, he turned to see me standing there and thought it was me), he saved my ass once the show was going on, and I will never forget hom for that.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Sandy-Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    1,156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I met a lot of rock stars when I was a young un'

    Brad Sinsel - Really cool guy. I sat and had a drink with him before War Babies played at a local club.

    Paul Stanley was really nice. Went out of his way to
    come and talk to me and my buddies.

    David Lee Roth was shockingly really cool. We were hanging at the local rock station while Roth was given an interview during Eat em and smile era. He came out and talked to us and signed stuff for about 40 minutes during a cold November evening. Some kid got him to sign a 5150 tour program. Roth took it in stride and showed us the centerfold and said "ya ever notice Sammy Hagar looks a lot like Bette Middler"

    Dave "Snake" Sabo - Awesome guy, forwarded our "Bullets n Lipstik" album onto Atlantic Records A&R and got us to do some demos right before the whole LA PBF thing started coming to a head.

    I met Billy Duffy in a local bar when they were recording Sonic Temple. Really nice guy sat and shot the shit with him over a beer.

    Bruce Kulick was a really down to earth guy. No
    ego whatsoever.

    Those are highlights
    There were a lot of dicks

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Hairglamfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Carl I.:

    The Dogs D'Amour - on their one US tour. Hung out with them for a few hours and Jo Dog gave me his dogtags. I still wear them all the time.

    Mother Love Bone - same night as The Dogs. Bruce Fairweather was one of the coolest guys I have ever met in my entire life. Stone and Jeff were also very cool guys.

    Stiv Bators - Even though he called me a "fag" before the show (one of my friends dove through people just to touch Stiv, he turned to see me standing there and thought it was me), he saved my ass once the show was going on, and I will never forget hom for that.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">Must be a thing about dog tags with the Dogs. I met Tyla before a gig once and challenged him to a game of pool and if I won, I got his tags. needless to say I won. They had Dogs D'amour on one and Errol Flynn on the orther right? I ended up selling them on ebay for ?40 a few years back. So I made a small profit, if you discount the Jack and coke and the cost of a game of pool to a poor student in those days.

    Met a lot of cool people, too many to mention but bands like Poison, Tommy and Nikki from Crue, Dogs, EZN (Chip tried to fire into my girlfriend and failed miserably although I still call the guy), Faster Pussycat, PBF, Bang Tango, LA Guns and eh Nuclear Assault.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Buttz's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2004
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Little Richard wanted to shag me.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Hairglamfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And did he?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Glamarshmallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2005
    Posts
    228
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Adam Bomb. I met him several times. Pure class.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member robw's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mudhoney - all of them. Was supposed to be interviewing them turned out to be a chat about all kinds of stuff - good places to buy records in Nottingham etc...

    Also Pete Trewavas from Marillion - very friendly even phoned me the next time he was in town.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •